The Dance Center of Greensboro’s Pre-Professional Company prepares dancers for professional dance careers and acceptance to collegiate dance programs. DCG’s pre-professional company is directed by, Jeanne Alala. Company members work closely with the DCG faculty that have decades of experience, as professional dancers, and graduates from prestigious dance programs. This experience enables us to assist our students as they navigate the professional and collegiate dance worlds.
Recently, in February 2018, DCG has had great news from the Pre-Professional Company. Numerous DCG Company members have been accepted at the following prestigious dance programs:
- Wilmington Ballet Trainee Program – Summer 2018, NC
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts – High School Contemporary Program, Fall of 2018
- Boston Conservatory, Musical Theatre Department, Summer, 2018
- Joffrey Ballet Trainee Program – year round – NYC
- American Ballet Theatre, Summer Intensive, 2018
- Joffrey Jazz & Contemporary Trainee Program – year round – NYC
- Atlanta Ballet – Summer Intensive
- Charlotte Ballet – Summer Intensive
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts – Summer Intensive
- North Carolina Governor’s School – Summer Intensive
- Cecchetti International Summer School – awarded 100% Scholarships
The DCG Pre-Professional Company is divided into 6 smaller companies based on ability, experience, vocabulary, comprehension and an overall assessment of strength, flexibility, and stamina. Annual auditions are required for acceptance and placement into the DCG Pre-Professional Company.
PRE-PROFESSIONAL COMPANY AUDITIONS – Fall 2017-Spring 2018 :
August, 2018@ Studio C – State St – Ages 6-8 – TBA
August, 2018 @ Studio C – State St – Ages 9-12 – TBA
August, 2018@ Studio C – State St- Ages 13-20 – TBA
The DCG Company dancers have a busy dance schedule and perform numerous times per season. All company dancers perform in our Nutcracker ballet, Spring competitions/conventions, Spring recital performances, CCA ballet examinations, and intensive summer training programs. Success in the pre-professional company requires discipline, hard work, attendance, and motivation. Dancers aspiring to perform at the professional level must be willing to devote many hours, to make many sacrifices, and to work extremely hard in order to achieve the highest results from their dance education at DCG.
We understand the intensity of the pre-professional company is not right for all dancers. The Dance Center of Greensboro offers a LARGE recreation dance program which allows ALL dancers to study and learn proper dance technique. These dance classes are high energy, fun-fun-fun, and very popular. The recreational classes perform once a year in the spring recitals.
Click here for videos of the DCG Performance Company:
For more information on The Dance Center of Greensboro’s Pre-Professional Company please contact Director, Jeanne Alala , at email@example.com